Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Wednesday Splat!

And I barely made it…

I was going to post about how I woke up at 3 am with half of my body numb and I freaked out because I thought I was having an embolism attack, blaming the “Extreme” (I laugh at the word) weather conditions here in the South of Baja but fortunately it wasn’t an attack of any kind, just I slept wrong and I must have twisted some nerve in my spine or something that made half of my body feeling little ants inside my skin but that was it.

Anyway, I think now I really am getting some of that thing, just as I was heading to the road on my way to work there’s this big line of cars and a few of them making a U-turn in the middle of the street, me thinking that it was a car accident or some dead body squashed on the pavement I waited; it was not the case, it happens that the rain has been so constant it hasn’t let the soil dry enough to hold the roads, so last night or maybe this morning the pavement collapsed and turned into a huge crater in the middle of the main road, it looked like as if a meteor landed there. As we don’t have many concrete roads but just the main ones, the only way out of there is through the mountains, those muddy sliding mountains that collapse every time there’s a storm of this kind, and well as it’s muddy the only cars that can go through are the 4 x 4 or a Hummer, my car is no 4 x 4, nor a 2 x 2 or a 1 x 1 and definitely Hummers are no way near existence yet in my country; my tires are as flat and cracked as a used pan just like the rest of the other cards in front or behind me (at least I’m not alone) so there’s no way in the law of Physics that will say I can go up those muddy hills without sliding down and bumping into the cars behind making a huge domino effect. Fortunately there were enough rocks to hold me so I could go through.

Image how tense it is when you have an old car with useless tires and the weather is not being any friendly with the roads and the drivers.

I’m going to die of a heart attack one of these days.

Happy Humpday Everyone!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Speaking of splat, one of the rats caught in the trap at the office today was kinda squished. Ew....gross!!

Yoli said...

peeeoooww!!!