Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I Forgot!

I’m going straight to hell…

Yeah, I forgot today is Ash Wednesday. I am not a religious person but I do respect it because my mom takes me to take the ash every year I am with her, what a pain, is not bad to be marked with something nice and significant like a holy ash but the bad thing is when I forget I’m wearing my gray ash cross on my forehead and I start scratching it.

I always end up with gray marks all over my face especially my nose (I’m allergic to ashes).

And to make worst, I made beef stew today for lunch, I can’t throw that away, it tastes too good to throw, besides, isn’t it a sin to throw away food?

Feliz Miercoles de Ceniza!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Is it blashpemy to say that sounds like a pain in the ash? ;)

Steph said...

LOL at MomLady's comment... Seriously, Egg, sounds like you just need to stop being Catholic. I mean, you clearly don't care enough to think about this stuff ahead of time (ash, meat, etc), so why suffer thruogh needless guilt? I say just dispense with it altogether. As for that going to hell part, you'll be in good company: Ghandi, Buddha, Jesus (he was Jewish after all) et al.

Yoli said...

LOL Wendy that was funny, you really took it faaar. Shame on you woman!

Steph,
You're so right, I'll just forget about the whole thing, I'll hide somewhere my mom can't find me. Bwaha

boo said...

Hey lady... it's never too late... to walk around... with an ash cross on your head... though... i have seen noone with it today... i think... london is thin on the ground with catholics!...

Yoli said...

boo,
I am not putting an ash cross on my forehead.
Steph said so.

evilsciencechick said...

I'll see you there, then. I had chicken for lunch and a burger...no...a BACON cheeseburger for dinner.

Oh, and I did't go to church because I was so tired.

Is it getting hotter in here?

Yoli said...

Regan,
Follow up wtih me on what Steph said, you'll feel much better :)

MMMMMM bacon cheeseburger...me want!