Friday, February 11, 2005

Ausy Friday Quickie!

Goday…

Yeah I’m starting to learn some Australian terms. Today I haven’t done more than being an Australia immigration expert. My boss has now known he may not be able to go to the country of marsupials because his visa application takes 3 weeks to process and was not aware of that until today, 2 weeks away from his trip. Groovy isn’t it? Their visa applications are 11 pages long not including the medical exam – how about that for being picky eh? - Not to mention he needs to send it by mail.

Yep, that’s how all the first world countries are, that’s why my country is I think the fifth world country in the furthest planet of the universe; anybody can get in for free, “why bother our foreigner tourists if that’s what the Mexican citizens are for?” - the government thinks – “let’s give that work to our own people so when ever they need for example social security or any other government service they will need to fill out these innumerable and useless forms so they think we are a first world country and their self esteem is higher”.

Happy Friday Everyone!

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Having lived in Australia for a few years I can sure as heck vouch for the paperwork issue! Not fun!
Have a great weekend Yoli!

boo said...

love that... australia... they sure are fussy...

Steph said...

I'm shocked they're so uptight about the paperwork there--I thought it was all sunshine and koalas and laid-backness that makes Californians look like New Yorkers! So much for preconceived notions...