Friday, December 10, 2004

Friday the Quickie!

Now this I would give my children to listen…

I heard this “Christmas song” in the same radio station this morning (I know I should be changing it by now but I’m lazy alright?); I was about to crash when I paid attention to the lyrics. It really cracked me up, so I’ll just pass it along for you to enjoy and if you can find it in the net to listen to, I highly recommend it.

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas

Words and music by John Rox (1950) ~ Sung by Gayla Peevey (1953)

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
I don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you?
He won't have to use our dirty chimney flue
Just bring him through the front door,
that's the easy thing to do

I can see me now on Christmas morning,
creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses
I only like hippopotamuses
And hippopotamuses like me too

Mom says the hippo would eat me up,
but then Teacher says a hippo is a
veg-e-ter-i-an
There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage
I'd feed him there and wash him there
and give him his massage

I can see me now on Christmas morning,
creeping down the stairs
Oh what joy and what surprise
when I open up my eyes
to see a hippo hero standing there

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
No crocodiles or rhinoceroses
I only like hippopotamuses
And hippopotamuses like me too!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I love that song!
I will write one for you.
I want an Ostooooooorich for Christmas!