Monday, June 07, 2004

Monday's here!!!

Where did Saturday and Sunday go?…

Don’t you just hate it when you had your weekend but you feel like you didn’t have it at all? For me this is an insult, I mean I can gladly say “oh my week passed and I didn’t even feel it” but not for the weekend! What gives? I spend 5 long days to wait for Saturday to come and just like that it’s gone? Oh that’s not fair! Worst if you weekend was not productive like you thought.

I wanted to go to the shopping mall to get me my new clothes that I owe myself as a birthday gift and still now I haven’t gone, my boyfriend had to drive his brother to the airport and for what my boyfriend told me he would go early, for me, early means between 8 am and 11 am. Noon for me is between 11 and 2 pm, afternoon for me is between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm and night is for me between 5 pm and 10 pm.

So my boyfriend says,

I’m going to drive my brother to the airport tomorrow noon.

Me: Ok good, at what time are you coming back?

B/F: In the afternoon

Me: Ok, so I’m going to the shopping mall do you need something?

B/F: At what time are you going to go?

Me: right after you’re leaving.

B/F: And at what time are you coming back?

Me: Probably around 4 or 5, why?

B/F: Because I’m coming back right after I drop my brother.

Me: Ok, so do you want me to wait for you or what?

B/F: Ok, if you want.

Me: Well then at what time are you coming back ?

B/F: Maybe around 6 or 7.

Me: That’s too late!

B/F: What do you mean is too late? Is afternoon

Me: Excuse me! Afternoon for me is (read above), so are you coming back early or what?

B/F: I don’t know between 4 and 6

Me: (Silence….and big breath)

To make the long story short, I decided to wait for my boyfriend so we could go together to the shopping mall…. Now the question is…did we go to the shopping mall??

Exactly….we didn’t go, instead we ended up going to the nearest drug store and buy my shampoo and drove to rent a movie….does that have anything relative or similar to my previous plan?

Exactly….it didn’t, at all!

Sunday could have been more productive, though it was only relaxing, so no, I didn’t go to the shopping mall, instead we ended up in the grocery store buying the stuff we needed for the week and I ended up cooking lunch….

Weekends are not cooking days for Yoli!!!!

But that’s preferable than having boyfriend to cook for me, now that would be very not productive and a waste of day.

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Yoli,
I hear your pain. I think it is a man thing, they are born stupid, and it never gets any better.

Crayon said...

oh MAN you should read my post about the weekend - I was BORED OUT OF MY MIND and definitely NOT productive, so I could totally relate to your blog, absolutely.

I went to the LIBRARY??!!! and I also cooked. I cooked on Saturday night for dinner and Sunday for lunch. And it depressed me. There is nothing i hate more than doing domestic stuff on the weekend.

makes me feel like a "housewife".

Esther said...

I still say we should have 4 day work weeks and 3 day weekends. Ultimately most of us end up doing domestic stuff instead of all the fun plans we thought we'd have.

Yoli said...

Jenn,
Is that really? Oh man! I am going to have to get used to that then huh? My boyfriend always knocks me out my nerves but what can I do? I love him like that tee hee!

Crayon,
Damn you're so right, I read your post and that's exactly how I was feeling over the weekend, too damn bored, so bored I wanted to shoot myself hah! If you're leaving with your guy, you are definitely a house wife, I mean, on saturday I had to clean, cook and do our loundry..how sad!

Esther,
I think we should have a 3 day work and a 4 day holiday, that way we can stay in the house watching TV??? oh wait!! no I preffer to work, at least I don't have to listen to myself every time and look at me all day, now that would be extremely boring!...

Hurray for weekdays!!!

Wendy said...

Yoli,
I have to agree with Jenn on that one, but at least they do have a few good uses. =D

ilumpo said...

hi yolis***

now that your at a 'new job'.. i was trying to think what our first impression was of eachother at our old job.. mmm.. don't really remember.. but what i DO remember, is when i broke the sugar container and i had to buy a new one, and when i mentioned this to you, you went: what?? that thing wasn't worth 10 cents and you bought a $5 dlls one?? made me laugh! *^-^*

why do i remember all this??? hehe..

Yoli said...

Momlady!
Hey girl! Now you're talking! You're right about that alright! *winks wink*

Ilumpo,
You woman you! You know I'm as cheap as the animal crackers and if I was you I would never buy a new sugar container for that office....like they deserved it...right??

Heather said...

See, you need to work where I do: 3 days on, four days off. Four days on, three days off, over and over and over. Makes for nice long relaxing weekends!

Yoli said...

Heather,
You're the luckiest woman in the world!